Position description and scope:
We are excited to invite a dedicated and driven individual to join our Research Biology team. This role is designed for a qualified candidate who seeks the opportunity to evolve as a drug discovery scientist, with a specific focus on microRNA biology, oligonucleotide therapeutics, and CNS-related diseases. The successful candidate will serve as a hands-on cell and molecular biologist, contributing valuable research experience and skills to the organization. The role encompasses a spectrum of drug discovery efforts, spanning early-stage target identification to advanced IND-related activities. The ideal applicant should possess direct experience in various molecular techniques, a robust understanding of cell biology, and excellent organizational and presentation skills. This position presents an exciting prospect to contribute to the exploration of innovative oligonucleotide therapeutics addressing areas of high unmet medical need.
- Independently design, plan, execute and interpret experiments to support the discovery and development of novel oligonucleotide therapeutics targeting microRNAs, and/or other related targets.
- Communicate and present research findings to internal teams.
- Execute experiments while adhering to relevant protocols.
- Document data and prepare written reports, protocols and presentations summarizing experimental and project status.
- Work collaboratively with other scientists to coordinate and execute studies.
- Assist in the development, execution, and troubleshooting of functional assays.
- Able to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency, multitask, and adjust to shifting priorities.
- BS in Biology or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques (including but not limited to RNA/DNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, Microscopy)
- Experience with designing cell-based and biochemical assays to support lead optimization and/or mechanism of action studies.
- Familiar with GraphPad Prism, MS Word, MS Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong record-keeping skills.
- Critical thinking, analytic skills, and trouble-shooting ability.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a fast-paced environment.
- BS with 2+ years of relevant work experience or MS with relevant work experience.
- Experience with liquids handling and automation.
- Working knowledge of microRNA biology, disease-based cell modeling, and in vivo preclinical disease models.
- The expected hiring range for this multi-level position is $66,560 to $80,000 per year, commensurate with educational level and experience. Consideration will be given to experience that exceeds the listed requirements.
- Access to 401k plan with generous employer match.
- Full suite of health plans including medical plan options, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, EAP and more.
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Competitive vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies.