JOIN OUR TEAM.
At Regulus, we have fostered a culture that values scientific rigor, creative problem solving, collaboration across departments and disciplines, and persistence in the face of obstacles.
Above all else, we are inspired by the many individuals worldwide affected by genetic kidney diseases and other genetically-based, orphan diseases.
Located in San Diego, California, we are a dedicated team of scientists, researchers, and biotech professionals committed to learning and growth, and to the patients we serve.
General ApplicationLearn more
We’re always looking for talented individuals who are excited about our work. We’d love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Temp/Hire: Research Associate – Senior Research Associate, Drug Discovery BiologyLearn more
Position description and scope:
We are excited to invite a dedicated and driven individual to join our Research Biology team. This role is designed for a qualified candidate who seeks the opportunity to evolve as a drug discovery scientist, with a specific focus on microRNA biology, oligonucleotide therapeutics, and CNS-related diseases. The successful candidate will serve as a hands-on cell and molecular biologist, contributing valuable research experience and skills to the organization. The role encompasses a spectrum of drug discovery efforts, spanning early-stage target identification to advanced IND-related activities. The ideal applicant should possess direct experience in various molecular techniques, a robust understanding of cell biology, and excellent organizational and presentation skills. This position presents an exciting prospect to contribute to the exploration of innovative oligonucleotide therapeutics addressing areas of high unmet medical need.
- Independently design, plan, execute and interpret experiments to support the discovery and development of novel oligonucleotide therapeutics targeting microRNAs, and/or other related targets.
- Communicate and present research findings to internal teams.
- Execute experiments while adhering to relevant protocols.
- Document data and prepare written reports, protocols and presentations summarizing experimental and project status.
- Work collaboratively with other scientists to coordinate and execute studies.
- Assist in the development, execution, and troubleshooting of functional assays.
- Able to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency, multitask, and adjust to shifting priorities.
- BS in Biology or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques (including but not limited to RNA/DNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, Microscopy)
- Experience with designing cell-based and biochemical assays to support lead optimization and/or mechanism of action studies.
- Familiar with GraphPad Prism, MS Word, MS Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong record-keeping skills.
- Critical thinking, analytic skills, and trouble-shooting ability.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a fast-paced environment.
- BS with 2+ years of relevant work experience or MS with relevant work experience.
- Experience with liquids handling and automation.
- Working knowledge of microRNA biology, disease-based cell modeling, and in vivo preclinical disease models.
- The expected hiring range for this multi-level position is $66,560 to $80,000 per year, commensurate with educational level and experience. Consideration will be given to experience that exceeds the listed requirements.
- Access to 401k plan with generous employer match.
- Full suite of health plans including medical plan options, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, EAP and more.
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Competitive vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies.
Regulus provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, vision, and dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, vacation and stock options.
We believe that you, as an employee, matter above everything else. We back that statement up continuously with a unique approach to providing you with great benefits and valuable resources. Our benefits packages and resources are designed to support you in creating the life and work style that brings your best to your community, your family and Regulus’ mission of addressing significant unmet medical needs.
Most of our benefits cover employees who work at least 30 hours a week and their eligible dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- A spouse or domestic partner
- Children (biological, step, foster, adopted or legal charge) up to age 26
- The majority of our benefits become effective immediately on the date of hire without any pre-existing condition exclusion (temporary employees, contractors, interns and co-ops are not eligible for benefits).
In addition to an array of health and financial benefits and learning opportunities, we offer competitive compensation and bonus programs that reward you for your contributions toward achieving the company’s mission and strategic goals. We also provide you with a wide range of services designed to help make life easier while you are at work, so you can spend your free time doing more of the things you enjoy most.