Position Description and Scope:
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Scientist of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) to join our team to advance our compounds through preclinical and clinical development. The successful candidate will be involved in drug discovery and development through the conduct of in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism studies designed to understand the uptake of oligonucleotides and/or oligonucleotide conjugates into plasma and tissues as well as their biotransformation pathways/routes of elimination. The successful candidate should have experience working on projects with oligonucleotides, peptides, or small molecules.
- Selecting, operating and maintaining mass spectrometric equipment for structure elucidation of metabolites/catabolites as well as chemical modifications/degradation products in complex biologic matrices.
- Interpret mass spectral data to make structural assignments. Proficiency in WinNonLin Software is desired.
- Perform quantitative analyses using HPLC/MS/MS and HPLC-Fluorescence.
- Contribute to the preparation, editing, review of documents for regulatory submission (i.e., study reports, IB’s, IND’s).
- Mentor scientists and research associates supporting preclinical and clinical PK activities
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related discipline, with 5 drug discovery experience. Biotech or pharm industry setting preferred.
- BSc/MS in a related discipline, with 8 years of experience. Biotech or pharm industry setting preferred.
- Strong fundamental understanding of various DMPK areas such as physicochemical properties, pharmacokinetic (PK), drug-metabolizing enzyme, as well as transporter kinetics.
- Hands-on experience in method development, sample extraction from various tissues/plasma, and performing quantitative and qualitative analyses using HPLC/MS/MS and HPLC-Fluorescence are strongly desired.
- Ability to think critically, work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Collaborate in a team environment with both internal members of the group as well as discovery/development project teams
- Effective interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, strong analytical skills, highly attentive to details
- Strong work ethic, ability to work within schedules and deadline
- Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Regulus Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: RGLS) is a biopharmaceutical company leading the discovery and development of innovative medicines targeting microRNAs. Regulus has leveraged its oligonucleotide drug discovery and development expertise to develop a well-balanced microRNA therapeutics pipeline complemented by a rich intellectual property estate to retain its leadership in the microRNA field.
Regulus is advancing several programs in renal, and central nervous systems diseases.
Regulus is located in San Diego, California, and is led by a seasoned executive team experienced in corporate management, business, science, drug discovery, and development. Regulus’ scientific advisory board consists of world-class scientists and some of the foremost authorities in the field of microRNA research. Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For immediate consideration, please apply to email@example.com
You can visit our website to find out more about our company and culture: www.RegulusRx.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY
Regulus Therapeutics, Inc, is proud to be an EEO Employer